Bowdoin Student Government Honors 9/11 Victims

‪This morning on Coe Quad, Bowdoin students and staff – including a few passersby – planted a flag for each victim of the 9/11 attacks. Along with BSG, the commemorative event was co-sponsored by the Bowdoin College Republicans, the Bowdoin College Democrats and the Student Activities Office.

[portfolio_slideshow] ‬

Comments

1. Where are the flags of other countries represented among those who died?

2. bill hinckley says:

Hey Kath,

How about, ” It would be nice to see flags that represent those that died from other countries”. As for me, I’m happy to see the thought and consideration from those that remember. Don’t forget to check on the Maple tree that was planted in memory of Frank Doyle ’85 outside the Gleason Pool. If anyone has time, place a U.S. and Canadian Flag there. He’d like that and so would other. Thanks

3. David Yannetti says:

Kath,

I came to this website to see photos of Bowdoin students and staff acting selflessly, donating their time to remember the fallen innocent victims on one of the worst days in the history of this country.

It was also one of the worst days of my life, because I lost my best friend that day, a fellow Bowdoin grad and my roommate, Frank Doyle.

Inserting politics into this sad remembrance is in poor taste, in my opinion. I wish you had not done that.

4. bill hinckley says:

Sorry President Greason pool..