Bowdoin Chorus Lends Voices to Civil War Commemoration

Bowdoin Chorus concert in Studzinski Recital Hall during Parents Weekend 2010.

The Bowdoin Chorus will join with those of Bates and Colby to form a 200-voice ensemble that is to perform during the Maine State Archives presentation, “Saving the Union: The Call for Volunteers.” The program, to begin at 1 p.m. Friday, April 15, at the Augusta Civic Center, commemorates Maine’s entry into the Civil War.

“Saving the Union” will also include readings of Civil War-era letters from Mainers, addresses from Maine’s Adjutant General John “Bill” Libby and Governor Paul LePage, and Civil War re-enactors. The program is free and open to the public.

Comments

1. Amelia Shea says:

As a 78 year old grandmother of a Bowdoin freshman, I enjoy and learn much from the Bowdoin Daily each day. However, at times, I get confused by the dates of the articles. I eagerly read the brief above regarding the chorus. I thought it was coming in April, 2016! That did seem odd for 100 yrs, but , oh well. Then, I saw article date of 2011! How or, really, why do you connect these to today’s November 9, 2015 issue?

I hope my grandson gets as much out of Bowdoin as I do here in my little NJ house. Got a little room for me up there?